We’ve begun gathering a list of publishers that focus on environmental and animal literature.
To be included, a publisher must be “traditional,” that is, not ask authors to contribute money towards publication.
To be notified when new publishers are added to the list, join our monthly newsletter:
- Ashland Creek Press (www.ashlandcreekpress.com)
- Chelsea Green (www.chelseagreen.com)
- Columbia University Press (https://cup.columbia.edu/subjects/animal-studies)
- Graywolf Press (www.graywolfpress.org)
- Green Writers Press (www.greenwriterspress.com)
- Little Toller Books (www.littletoller.co.uk)
- Middle Creek Publishing (www.middlecreekpublishing.com)
- Milkweed Editions (www.milkweed.org)
- Palewell Press (www.palewellpress.co.uk)
- Scorched Earth Press (www.scorchedearthpress.com)
- Stormbird Press (www.stormbirdpress.com)
- Torrey House Press (www.torreyhouse.org)
- Vertebrate Publishing (www.v-publishing.co.uk)
- Oregon State University (http://osupress.oregonstate.edu)
- Trinity University Press (www.tupress.org)
- University of Chicago Press (https://press.uchicago.edu)
- University of Georgia Press (www.ugapress.org)
- University of Nevada Press (www.unpress.nevada.edu)
- University of Washington Press (www.uwapress.uw.edu)
If you have a publisher to recommend, please let us know.