The Goose, one of Canada’s leading literary journal devoted to the arts, environment and culture, is looking for submissions for a special issue that address art and environmental activism.
Specifically, they are looking for submissions from artists, activists, and academics, such as:
- Visual art, poetry, prose, storytelling, craft, print and poster making, digital art, dance, music, video and sound recordings, and land-based art
- The relationship between activist art and commodity capitalism
- Critical writing on popularity, award culture, celebrity status
- Social media, technology, and the digital
- The role and status of the artist in communities and environmental justice movements
- Art and activism, art as activism, art praxis and everyday life
- Art ecocriticism and theory
- Activist traditions or innovations in media, form, genre, and technique
Deadline is January 7th. Also note: “While our focus is on Canadian content, we also accept international material.”
Click here to learn more and submit.
Author of the novels The Tourist Trail and Where Oceans Hide Their Dead. Co-founder of Ashland Creek Press and editor of Writing for Animals (also now a writing program).